1) Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change (IPCC), 1999, Special Report – Aviation and the Global Atmosphere – Summary for Policymakers
2) IPCC –2.7 has been used previously (e.g. George Monbiot, Heat) but 1.9 is now preferred
3) John C. Ryan, Over Our Heads: A Local Look at Global Climate (Seattle: Sightline, 1997), p.43
5) ATW Daily News, Airbus raises 20-year forecast more than 30% to 22,700 aircraft, Nov 23, 2006, http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=7161
6) Roger Kemp, Transportation Energy Consumption, Lancaster University, 2004
7) Avions de Transport Regional, The Latest Generation Turboprop: The Green Power of Tomorrow, no date.