The direction of Climate Change Connection is set by our Steering Committee. That committee is led by two very passionate and capable co-chairpeople:
Dan is acting Executive Director of the Manitoba Eco-Network (MEN) just until the next director is selected sometime over the summer 2017.
MEN is an umbrella for more than 70 environmental non-governmental organizations, and is affiliated with the Canadian Environmental Network and regional networks across the country. MEN undertakes educational programs on a variety of issues, including hosting the Climate Change Connection and the Water Caucus Program at the Eco-Centre in downtown Winnipeg.
Other programs and projects include
- workshops on environmental assessment
- the links between the environment and human health
- hosting the Manitoba Environmental Youth Network (MEYN)
- educating Winnipeggers about the benefits and logistics of pesticide-free lawn care
The Eco-Network is home to the Alice Chambers Memorial Library, and publisher of Manitoba’s primary environmental news-magazine, Eco-Journal.
As well, MEN provides referral and information services to the general public.
Tel: (204) 947-6511
E-mail: karenpeters (at) mbeconetwork.org
Danny Blair is a climatologist with a Ph.D. from the University of Manitoba, where he studied the climatology of southern Manitoba. His principal areas of research expertise are concerned with
- map-pattern classification
- evidence and impacts of climate change on the prairie provinces
- climate variability related to teleconnections (e.g. El Nino)
- paleoclimate reconstructions using precipitation isotopes
- the thunderstorm hazard
- the effects of climate change on transportation
He teaches a variety of courses related to climatology, meteorology, and natural hazards.
Tel: (204) 786-9236
Fax: (204) 774-4134
Email: d.blair (at) uwinnipeg.ca